Saturday, September 22, 2012

Second Grade Homeschool Week 3

 
In our homeschool this week…
Math: Double Digit Addition and Subtraction and Word Problems
Language Arts: Pronouns
History: Biblical Timeline
Reading: Reading Kingdom and Reading Together
Science: Water Cycle
 
Places we’re going and people we’re seeing…

We are loving being scout leaders this year. I was one last year but having Hubby with me has been a blast. We are taking ALL of the boys to Lowe's today to work on our Wolf Achievement 5 requirements.

We are building fire trucks with our local fire department today.

We have been going to Build and Grow since the boys were 2 and 3.
If you haven't gone, you should. Here is the calendar for this Fall.
 
My favorite thing this week was…
Working on Grandma's old dresser with my boys.
...And getting a remodeled school room ;)
 
What’s working/not working for us…
Getting out of the house.
I am making sure that the kids do school somewhere other than the house, at least once a week. This week we went to the coffee shop, Panera, and out on the porch.
 
I’m cooking…
All kinds of good stuff. Another "Grandma's Counter" is on the way.
We got a bunch of goodies from General Mills this week. Thanks General Mills!
 
I’m grateful for…
The blessing of being a stay at home mom. It seems like we are getting more horror stories than ever this year about things going on at school, on the bus, at day cares. I am so happy to have the opportunity to be with my children all the time.
 
I’m praying for…
Our country and our children.
 
 

Passport Academy

2 comments:

Nicole said...

That green dresser has inspired me to take the plunge and paint my pine night stands in our master bedroom GREEN! I thought I wanted to do it. But, seeing yours painted with a different colored top (brilliant) gave me the push I need. Thanks!!!

Nicole said...

Now that I look at it, maybe the top isn't a different color, but just has a runner on it? In any event, it gave me the idea to paint the top of my nightstands the same dark brown as the rest of the bedroom furniture in there that I painted (that was also my grandma's, btw). That way they will tie together somewhat.