Saturday, September 8, 2012

Grandma's Counter: Buttermilk Pie

It's time for our first Grandma's Counter! If you are new or didn't get a change to read my previous post, I grew up cooking on my Grandma's Counter. Now, I am taking some of her recipes and making them with my own babies!
 
First up is the Buttermilk Pie!


 
Gather the goods:

 

3 whole eggs
2 c. sugar
¼ c. melted butter
1 c. buttermilk
1 tsp. Vanilla
3 heaping tablespoons flour
 
9 inch deep dish pie crust
Mix all together and bake in your uncooked 9” pie crust
at 350 degrees until golden brown (usually about 45 minutes)
 
I put mine on a cookie sheet and covered the edges of my pie crust for the first 30 minutes.
Then, I put them right on the bottom rack and took off the foil until they were brown and bubbly.
 
They were DELISH. I double batched and I am so glad that I did.
One pie is already gone.

  
 


3 comments:

Krista said...

This reminds me a lot of Sugar Cream Pie, which is not only one of my favorites of all time, but also the official State Pie of Indiana. Yum! Anything from Grandma has to be good. Have a blessed week & come back soon!

Lindsay said...

Hi! This looks absolutely delicious! I found you at the Six Sisters' Link party and would love for you to share them at my link party at http://mommyssweetconfessions.blogspot.com/2012/09/sweet-confessions-sunday-link-party-6.html . See you at the party!

Becolorful said...

I'm embarrassed to say that I have never made a pie. You may have just changed that. :D Thanks for sharing on BeColorful.
pr