Thursday, August 2, 2012

Homeschool Mother's Journal


In my life this week...
This week has been much more productive than fun.
We have been cleaning out bedrooms, closets, and toy boxes.
I have all the paperwork side of school done.

I had to go pick up Ninja's paperwork for school this week.
I can't believe my very last baby is going to Kindergarten.

In our homeschool this week…
We have been working on all of our Life Skill Projects.
The boys have been working on making their beds "really, really, good". ;)
Sissy started ironing this week.
Please excuse my pictures, we get started first thing in the morning
so all the kids are in their jammies.
Helpful homeschooling tips or advice to share…
I decided to make weekly lesson plans rather than daily lesson plans this year. If Captain gets done with everything my Thursday, we wont have class on Friday. If he doesn't get done with everything by Friday, he will have to finish his week on Saturday. This took so much less time than making daily lesson plans!
I am inspired by…
All of my homeschool friends and families.
Places we’re going and people we’re seeing…
The kiddos went swimming at my sister's on Sunday.
Here is some of what goes down over there...
My husband and dad in law "killing" ants
with my nephews awesome laser...
My favorite thing this week was…
Having a day out with the kids. We went out for ice cream, shopping, and to my new favorite restaurant, Panera Bread.
I’m reading…
My awesome librarians send me home with
anything Amish every time that they get it in.
This week they had this:
 I am so excited!
I have Sissy reading a young Amish series
so she is pumped to try some things out!

Then I got these for my Kindle app from our library.
I’m grateful for…
My family and friends that are all so amazing.
I’m praying for…
A wonderful school year.

4 comments:

Emmalee I. Hoggatt said...

I will have to try and find that cook book looks like a good one. I love baking!

InChristAloneMom said...

Looks like a good week. =o)

Marissa said...

sounds like you're getting things together for a great school year! I admire you for being able to be SO organized...

YES I love Panera!!!

gotjoy3 said...

I am heading to the library today to get Almost Amish it came in for me. I am excited.