Friday, August 31, 2012

Foodie Pen Pal

The Lean Green Bean

Have you heard of Foodie Pen Pals?
If you are on Pinterest, you had to have caught it all over the place last month!

It is the best idea... ever.

On August 1, we were all sent out our matches.
I was matched to Sofia Sabeti, a beautiful raw vegan and bikini competitor!
I loved getting to visit with her, share stories, and learn so much!
Oh! Fun fact- she was a homeschooler!

I had a super long morning. It was Ninja's first day of kindergarten. He loved it. My spirits were down because my last baby had left the nest (for 4 hours a day, 5 days a week, for the next 9 months...) Just when I needed a pick me up, I drove up to the house to find a box from Sophie!

Here is the lowdown:


It turns out that Sophie and I both have a love for coconut and nut butters!
 She decided to base the box around thoes likes. Yay!

Not Pictured: Coconut Secret: Coconut Nectar. It busted :( The kids helped to clean it all out of the box and licked fingers (after I checked for glass. lol) It was awesome. I am going to my health food store this week to pick some more up. This is a sweetener that would be awesome in oatmeal!

Just Great Stuff: Organic Powdered Peanut Butter.
Yum! This is going in my smoothie tomorrow morning!

Homemade G"raw"nola. Gorilla Greans!
This is so so so good. I want the recipe please!


Coconut Cream Pie Larabar.
This is actually my very favorite bar of any kind.
I love it for a quick grab and go food!

Hail Merry Blonde Macaroons.
I have no words. I had one for a sweet treat after lunch.
This is the best snack in the world. I am not kidding. Try them.


Coconut Flour.
My kids can read. In my card, Sophia wrote that it would be great in pancakes... Now my kids are demanding pancakes for dinner. Thanks for that! lol I am actually saving this to try in a raw dessert that she suggested.

Berry AntiOxidant nut butter.
This is going with an apple for snack tomorrow.
I will fill you in on that!

Hallelujah Acres Mocha Coconut Bar
I have never heard of this before. It is awesome!
With all of the awesome goodies, she added some great magazines!
One of them had this:
Yep, that's her!
Thank you so very much Sophia!
I loved every bit of this experience.
I can't wait for next month.
You can find more on Sophia here!
I was matched to the bride to be, Katy!
I'll link her up when she gets her box!

2 comments:

jessielovestorun said...

What a great box! Continue enjoying all those delicious treats <3

Julie said...

I just got some of the powdered PB. How are you going to use it?

I haven't seen those mocha coconut bars before - looks delish!