Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Almost Amish.



If you are a follower or read many of my post,
you know we are a little obsessed with the Amish lifestyle.
 
We live a pretty simple life. We camp a lot, we grow... anything, we picnic at least twice a month, homeschool, the kids ideal day out is hitting up a farmer's market and finding a new park or a landmark we haven't seen before. We jump on the trampoline, skip rope, take family nature walks/jogs, and so on. I think we are pretty simple anyways...
 
But! This book is making me want to take it to a whole new extreme.
I am making Hubby read it next so that we can be on the same page.
I can't wait to share my first post of this new journey to a MORE simple life ;)

1 comment:

Nicole said...

I read that book and it made me long for my childhood hometown. We have a very active Amish community here.

So, what did we do? We are selling our $400,000 home and lifestyle and bought a $30,000 home in that town and moved.

And I love it! I didn't realize how much I missed the simple life. We are literally a "buggy" ride (walk/bike/scooter) away from every thing we want to do. It's awesome!