Sunday, July 15, 2012

Homeschool 2012




This year we will continue with the
 morning meeting schedule that we used last year.
It worked out great for us.

I keep a daily summary of what each kid does.
This is just for my reference.

In our desk:
Each kiddo has their own box with supplies.

In the bottom section of each desk, I have magazine bins.
I get these from Target for $1 and I LOVE them.
Each kid has one for their workbooks and one for their journal, disk and other items.

Sissy used this book report layout last year.
We will use it again for every book she reads.

Every month has a group study sheet.
This one is for July.
The kids do all of these things together.
Each month they have someone that they must send a hand written letter, a life skills lesson, a co-op project, a field trip, and we learn about one interesting person.
We use this worksheet for each interesting person we learn about.
I have to find the source to share it with you.

Each kid has a field trip journal like this:
After each trip they get to come home and share favorite parts and what they learned.

I got these worksheets from B. Nute

I have a file for each day, week, and month to keep my lesson plans in.
This helps me stay on track and lowers stress levels. ;)

The kids are most excited about the display wall.
I bought several frames from all over the place so that they
 can frame what they are most proud of.
I plan on this wall being full by Christmas. ;)

7 comments:

Tiffany @ DontWastetheCrumbs said...

Visiting from Petite Hermine... I really appreciate you taking pictures and sharing your plans for the 2012 school year. I'm a total newbie homeschooling mom starting kindergarten this fall and it's so helpful to see how other moms do homeschooling. Thanks so much for sharing!

Naptime Review said...

I love that wall! Looks so good. What a fun and educational blog you have. Happy to have found you!

Newest GFC follower from Keeping it Simple. I am hosting Mom's Monday Mingle now. Love for you to link up! Have over 170 moms blogs. Great place to network. Hope to see you there!

www.thenaptimereview.com

gotjoy3 said...

FANTASTIC IDEAS!! I love the Group Study. I have kids that learn in several different ways so we don't do many multi-age studies. But this would be something great to do with them. A simple approach with great memories and learning.

Love the decor and the neatness of it all.

Charlotte Taylor-Page said...

Wow, you guys are organised! I love the display wall especially!

Thanks for stopping by The Sunday Showcase - hope to see you there again this week!

Charlotte
makedoandfriend.com

Michelle said...

Ooooo - could you link this up to my linky party for homeschooling spots as well? :)
http://www.thenatureofgrace.blogspot.com/2012/07/reading-spot-and-homeschool-havens-link.html

Kathie said...

Wow! You have such great organizing ideas! I love those monthly activities! They sound like a lot of fun! Thanks for sharing @ Gimme Five For Friday! Btw, thanks for making me smile with your cute moustaches!!! :)

Kara said...

So organized, love it! I bet your kiddos have lots of fun with this. Thanks for sharing!