Friday, June 29, 2012

Family Day Camp. Day 1.

This summer has been so busy and it is not slowing down any time soon.
I decided to do a family "Day Camp" to continue our summer learning.
Over the next few days,
we will cover areas of study that the kids were interested in.
Here is the game plan:
It is day one!
Today we did not do a group study like normal.
We have been pushing world geography so we just did a review
and let the kids read their library books.

The kids have been interested in sewing.
They got to repair pillows.
We are decorating the classroom in a nature theme.
The kiddos made tissue paper flowers to use as decorations.
I planned on hanging them in the corner
but they wanted to use them as a light fixture.
I have to admit, it looks really cute. lol
I wanted today's cooking lesson to be something that we havent ever tried.
We are food network fans and the kids had watched a show where rice pudding was made.
We havent ever tried it and the kids were interested, so that is what we made!

It was really good!

Today was great and the kids are excited to see what we do tomorrow.
I love when they get excited about learing. :)

3 comments:

Mary said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog. I am following you now :) Your summer camp looks fun!!!

Trisha @ Inspiration Laboratories said...

I really like how you've organized your day camp and based the topics on things of interest to your kids.

Thanks for sharing at The Sunday Showcase! I'm pinning this to our Pinterest board. :)

Six Sisters said...

Love, love, love rice pudding! Your kids are absolutely adorable!! Thanks for linking up to "Strut Your Stuff Saturday!" Hopefully we'll see you tomorrow at 8pm MDT for this week's party! :) -The Sisters