Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Enchilada pinwheels

I made chicken enchiladas for dinner tonight since
 I forgot my mozzerella for my Italian chicken. :(
Chicken enchiladas only call for 1/2 a block of cream cheese.
We dont eat cream cheese on or with anything so I knew the other
1/2 would go bad it I put it in the fridge.
So... I decided to experiment for lunches tomorrow with things I had in the fridge.
I my food processor, I tossed in:
4 oz. of fat free cream cheese, softened
2 Tb green chilis
5 grape tomatoes
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp cumin
and a few slices of jalapeño.
(we had some left in the fridge from nacho night, it just adds a little spice)
 I pulsed until every thing was mixed together well but not until it was a paste.

I rolled out one can of crescent rolls and pinched together all the creases.
Spread the creamy mixture over the crescents.
Starting at one end, roll into one big jelly roll.
Let set in freezer for about 20 minutes to set up.
Cut into 6 slices (Pinwheels)
Place each pinwheel into its own space in the muffin tin.
Bake at 350 for about 10-15 minutes or until the crescents are golden brown.
Let them cool well so that the cream cheese will set back up.
Hubby said that they are the best pinwheels that "we" ever made. lol
That says a lot because we have tried numerous different flavors.

These are perfect cold for lunch kits!

On another note...
I made my Yogi tea after cooking dinner. I love the messages.
Here is mine from tonight.
It was a good reminder of my summer goal to be a better me:)

9 comments:

Connie said...

Love this idea for enchiladas! Have you linked it up with me yet at Wow Us Wednesday?

Shannah @ Just Us Four said...

Great idea! They sound super delicious and so easy to make.

Found you from other at Souther Lovely!

Debi said...

This looks so good. I am going to have to make these. I have a Blog Hop, and I would love it if you would link this post. You can find it at
http://www.adornedfromabove.com/2012/06/natural-hair-gel-and-wednesdays-adorned.html
It is called Wednesdays Adorned From Above Blog Hop.
I hope to see you there. Have a great Day.
Debi Bolocofsky
Adorned From Above

Debra Ann Elliott said...

Yummy! Stopping by from Think Pink

Mythreyi said...

This is a nice idea and Love the savory bakes any time..

-Mythreyi
Yum! Yum! Yum!

Tanya said...

Found you on Everyday Mom Meals.I haven't seem anything like this! What a fun twist on enchiladas! My family would go nuts over these! These are great!

Tanya said...

Found you on Everyday Mom Meals.I haven't seem anything like this! What a fun twist on enchiladas! My family would go nuts over these! These are great!

Krista said...

Super yummy! Perfect for a summer pool party! Thanks for sharing at Church Supper. Have a blessed week & come back soon ~EMM

Jenn "Rook No. 17" said...

Oh my goodness -- those look rockin'!