Sunday, January 8, 2012

Ice cream for breakfast!


Okay, it there is no ice cream.
The kids have been really good so I decided
to make them a special treat for breakfast.

You could really just go crazy with this but here is how we do it.

Grab the goods:
VitaTops
Sliced Banana
Greek Yogurt
Flavored Yogurt


Mix equal parts Greek yogurt and flavored yogurt.
I use about 1/4 cup of each to make all 4 VitaTops.
I mix the flavored yogurt and Greek yogurt to cut the sugar,
pack in a little more protein, and to thicken the mixture so
that it holds up better while waiting on it to freeze.



Cut VitaTops in half.
Spoon yogurt on one side and cover with layer of sliced bananas.


Top with other half of VitaTop.


Pop into freezer until firm but not frozen.
It takes about 30-40 minutes in our freezer.

I cut them in half to eat better since the VitaTops are a little thin.

Enjoy.




18 comments:

Krista said...

Wow, what a treat! My son would love this. Thanks for sharing at Church Supper. Have a blessed week.

Everyday Mom's Meals

Marissa said...

Oh my gosh, I might have to feature these and link back to you! They look SO yummy :) What a quick, easy AND healthy idea for breakfast! Brilliant, my friend!!

Heather Green said...

Awesome! I'm always looking for a good healthy snack for my little ladies! Thanks!!

Sue @ Cakeballs, cookies and more said...

that is so fun, and it sounds really tasty too.

Shiloh said...

What a super duper fun breakfast idea. Forget the kids, I'd eat them all.:)

Lindsi B said...

This is great! Would you please share this with our readers for Fun Stuff Fridays? http://www.toysinthedryer.com/2012/01/fun-stuff-fridays-6.html

Natasha said...

yum

would love it if you could share this on my link party
http://serenityyou.blogspot.com/search/label/Serenity%20Saturday

Natasha

Becolorful said...

Such cute little happy faces and why not? Those look delish.
Thanks for sharing on BeColorful
Pam

Beth (www.livinglifeintentionally.blogspot.com) said...

YUM!! What fun! If that doesn't earn you Mother of the Year award I don't know what would =-) Thanks for linking up to TGIF! Have a great week,
Beth =-)

Jenn Erickson said...

I love it! What a healthy and uber yummy breakfast! A breakfast ice-cream sandwich is an original and wonderfully healthy idea. Thank you so much for linking up to "A Little Birdie Told Me..." at Rook No. 17! I'm featuring your post on my Facebook page today.

Jenn

Lexie Loo, Lily Boo, and Dylan Too! said...

That looks really good!

Laurel @ Ducks in a Row said...

This looks like a really treat and I bet my family would love this. Thanks!

Natasha said...

wow yum!!!

Thanks for linking up to Serenity Saturday
Hope to see you next time

Natasha xx

David said...

Hey Megan. I work with Vitalicious and wanted to thank you for posting such a great and yummy recipe! Feel free to share it on our Facebook page as well:)

Right now we have a Sweepstakes going on and we're giving away a treadmill to celebrate our new 50 calorie VitaCakes! I hope you have a chance to enter. I look forward to reading more posts!

Winnie said...

What a great breakfast!
So cute to see their happy faces:) I'd be happy too if I had these sandwiches for my breakfast

Alice said...

my kids would love this!
and of course, their mummy LOL

MiMi said...

Wow! This is a great recipe for starting the day - thank you for sharing :)

creativejewishmom/sara said...

yumm! thanks so much for sharing on Craft Schooling Sunday!