Thursday, January 26, 2012

The Homeschool Mother's Journal

The Homeschool Mother's Journal

My favorite thing this week was...
Chinese New Year.


In our homeschool this week...
Math: Review.
Science: About our Earth.
Social Studies: We finished out Social Studies for this year! :)
Language Arts: We put all of out time into reading this week.
Life Skills: This week has been all about the Pine Wood Derby.
The kids loved recces all week. It has been cold and rainy so they have been working it out with Just Dance 3 on the XBOX.

Places we’re going and people we’re seeing…
We are going to see the Junie B Jones play!
The kids can not wait!
Things I’m working on…
Putting myself back in my schedule. I am taking an hour a day to get my workouts in and the kids are getting better about giving me my time. At first I felt pretty selfish but now that my energy levels are up, I know it is good for all of us. Plus, the kids get to watch PBS and play their leapsters for an hour so they don't mind it much anymore.
I’m grateful for…

The changes taking place in our home.
 Just when I think that things cant get any better.
I am proven wrong.
A photo, video, link, or quote to share…



 

5 comments:

Mary said...

Our Pinecar Derby Race is tomorrow! Can't wait! Looks like you had a good week :) Stopping by from THMJ.

Misty said...

What an uplifting post! love it...

Our Side of the Mountain said...

Great Chinese New Year masks! We went to our Rec Center last week for dancing on the Wii. The kids had a blast! I think I'll look into getting a game for us at home for these snowy/rainy days! Nice fun AND exercise!

Jennifer said...

"You're only one workout away from a good mood"... I LOVE this! I haven't worked out in years. Maybe that's what I'm doing wrong. Thanks for the perspective!

mommy needs coffee said...

I love all your pictures!! Thanks for sharing your week!