Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Asparagus Fries


I have been working hard to get my body back in check. I have been making all different kinds of things for us to try on our journey.

Last night, I found this recipe for Asparagus Fries and they just looked SO GOOD! So today I made some my own way. Here is the down low.

I made HG onion rings with fiber twigs and I decided to use that same idea. I have high fiber cereal in the pantry so I tossed it into the food processor to make crumbs.


You need:

Asparagus, washed. Chop the dead ends off.
Crumbs of choice. (Panko, Traditional Bread Crumbs, Fiber Twigs...)
2 Egg Whites
Seasoning (Optional)

Preheat oven to 425. Place wire racks on baking sheet so that they will get super crispy!


Set up a work station. I added a little Dash seasoning to my crumbs.

 Place asparagus in egg whites, then into the crumbs. Transfer them to baking sheet. Pop into oven for 15 minutes or until golden brown and crispy!

I planned on making a dip with greek yogurt and fiesta ranch seasoning but we used the yogurt for smoothies. :( I ended up being happy that I didn't make a dip because they were great with out it!

Hubby and I loved them and will for sure make them again!

5 comments:

La Petite Vie said...

Yum, these sound so good. Can't wait to try them out, thanks for the fab recipe!

Lexie Loo, Lily Boo, and Dylan Too! said...

Those look delicious!

Marissa said...

my boys would probably eat this too...YUMMY!

Miss S. said...

You know what I love? I love that I have ALL of the ingredients for this delicious recipe in my fridge right now! Thanks for sharing, I can't wait to try it out!

Jenn Erickson said...

Thank you so much for sharing your talent and creativity on “A Little Birdie Told Me…” at Rook No. 17! Looking forward to seeing what inspirations you’ll share tomorrow!
Warmest wishes,
Jenn