Friday, December 2, 2011

The Homeschool Mother's Journal

Short and sweet this week.
We have a feild trip that the kids are ready to get to. ;)

The Homeschool Mother's Journal

In our homeschool this week…

Math- Continue in Subtraction
Language Arts- Familiar Stories
Chicken Little, Goldilocks and 3 Bears, Cinderella
Geography- Europe and Africa
Science- Extinction

Places we’re going and people we’re seeing…
Christmas Tree Farm Feild Trip!
We get to so see all of my family this weekend!

My favorite thing this week was…
The Christmas Parade last night.
(He is waving and yelling Merry Christmas!)

What’s working/not working for us…

I have got to the point where we stop for about 20 minutes between every subject. We go outside, pick up a room in the house, fold a load of laundry. It has just made it so much easier to stay on top of everything at home and gives him a break so when we sit back down, he is pumped and ready to go.

Things I’m working on…
Christmas Christmas Christmas.

A photo, video, link, or quote to share…

From Pinterest.

8 comments:

Kat said...

Hi there! I am new to your blog and I really enjoyed this post. We also attended a Christmas parade last night! My boys attend a homeschool fine arts academy and since the academy had a float, they were able to be on a float for the FIRST time! They were so excited. :)

I love, LOVE your family photos with the fake mustaches (I have no idea if I spelled that correctly. I don't even know that you can pluralize that word correctly, lol) ... so fun and cute!

Looking forward to reading more of your blog. I think I found a chocolate-banana-peanut butter (which is everything yummy and right in my world) pie a few posts back that I need to go copy. :)

Wishing you a happy December and a Merry Christmas!

Katie
Web-schooling family of four who geek out learning with web-based curricula, multimedia electives, and an online writing tutor!

Kay said...

Yay family and Christmas trees!! I have boys too and we had to integrate lots of motion for them during our school day.

Sharla said...

Great idea to take breaks in between subjects, recharge, and get things done! Hope you all had fun on your field trip!

Lisa said...

Hi! Coming over to visit from THMJ. :-) I love your Einstein quote! Awesome! :-)

I also love how you give breaks in between each subject. So very important for kids to have a physical outlet.

Hope you have a good weekend.
Many blessings,
Lisa

Mama Owl said...

Oh how I miss our small town Christmas parade. We moved just outside of a big city and it just isn't the same! So happy you'll get to spend time with your family and taking a field trip to the Christmas tree farm sounds fun! Have a happy weekend:)

Our Side of the Mountain said...

LOL I got a kick out of your sidebar photos with the mustaches. Too funny! (And cute!)

Kristi said...

Love that quote from Einstein! Thanks for sharing it!

Stephanie said...

That's a great quote, isn't it? Einstein was as wise as he was brilliant. :)