Saturday, November 19, 2011

Traveling with kids.

Last year I posted about keeping blankets in the car and out just in case box.
You can find more on them here.



This year I have found these great little totes at Dollar Tree.

My kids think that they need to pack the bedroom to go on
a trip so this is PERFECT for each kid to have their own.

They are allowed to bring one snack and drink, and a couple of toys that they choose but it MUST fit in the tote. This helps keep the car from being over loaded and the kids are compfy and happy so it makes for happy parents!

This is Captains box. He got granola bars, G2, his Leap Frog and headphones, a pen and clipboard for our scavenger hunt, and a small blanket.

The kids love when I make a scavenger hunt of things to look for on our trip.
 I write things like:
*Water Tower
*Black Cow
*Windmill
*Red Truck
*Buffalo

...You get the idea. It keeps the kiddos busy.


12 comments:

Dawn said...

After once driving home and finding a little old lady collapsed on the roadside, I ALWAYS drive with blankets in the boot as that day I kicked myself not to have a coat, and she was so cold.
You are the queen of organised here! I'm very impressed

marissa said...

this is great I'd love it if you'd add it to my link party over at http://raegunwear.blogspot.com

Crafty Mischief said...

What a great idea! I found you through Creative Me Monday. Thanks for sharing!

Lexie Loo, Lily Boo, and Dylan Too! said...

That's a great idea! I'm going to have to get those for my kids!

Shiloh said...

What a fantastic idea! I love that you encourage your kids to be involved with the packing. Those containers are perfect for narrowing options down.:)

Natasha said...

great idea!!!!!

Would love it if you could share this on my link party Serenity Saturday at www.serenityyou.blogspot.com

Natasha xxx

GirlRural.com said...

I'm a new blog follower. This is such a great and simple idea. Our little guy would definitely appreciate a tote like this in the car!

Becolorful said...

Where were you, blogging and this post when my kiddos were small? :0 Thanks for linking up your cleverness to Motivated Monday at BeColorful
Pam

Mom to 2 Posh Lil Divas said...

Oh, I need those totes for our car! The girls bring so many things with them and end up making a huge mess in the back seat!

Thanks for linking your idea to the Sunday Showcase last week. Hope to see you this week!

Bern
http://momto2poshlildivas.blogspot.com/search/label/Sunday%20Showcase

Jenn "Rook No. 17" said...

Gotta share this one with my Facebook readers too!

creativejewishmom/sara said...

great idea! thanks so much for sharing on Craft Schooling Sunday! Happy holidays and traveling, and hope to see you back at the party when it resumes the first Sunday in january! all the best!

Volunteering in Uganda said...

I need those bags for our car! The women carry so many items with them and end up creating a large chaos in the again seat!