Friday, November 11, 2011

Simple homemade personal gift.



I got an awesome new shower curtain last night so I had to change some things in the bathroom to make it all flow. I am going through this "script" phase with my script curtains and scrip scarf... I thought I would just make something quick to hand on a bare spot on the wall.

I came up with this super simple idea to type up the lyrics to my kid's song, over and over and over and over... until it covered the whole page. I put it in script font and I really love it. You can't read every single word because of the mat but all of the family knows exactly what it says.

I framed it and added some fabric flowers and I really love it.

It got me thinking that this could be a very simple and frugal gift idea.
For weddings, you could frame the couple's song and all wedding flowers to the frame. For baby showers, you could frame a lullaby and add all kinds of cute little thing to make it super adorable.... The list goes on!
As we are getting closer and closer to Christmas,
the stores are getting more and more crowded!
There are great gifts for the whole family at Scentsy!

I love the Charity Warmer!


And this precious plug in called Taro.


Scentsy Buddies are awesome for the kids.
 It is a stuffed toy that will make their room smell great!

If you are looking for a great way to make extra Christmas cash,
 find out about selling Scentsy here.
 Feel Free to contact me with any questions you may have.
 mommyminded at gmail dot com

19 comments:

Karah @ thespacebetweenblog said...

I LOVE this idea. So simple, but so meaningful. Thank you for sharing it!
Karah @ thespacebetweenblog

Karah @ thespacebetweenblog said...

I love this idea! So simple and so meaningful at the same time. Thank you for sharing!

Karah @ thespacebetweenblog said...

I Love this idea! So simple and so meaningful at the same time! Thank you for sharing. :)

Andria said...

What a cute idea! I think it would be fun now that my girls are learning to read too, it would really encourage them. Thank you for your kind comment on my blog!

andthatsfamily said...

This turned out lovely. There are so many uses you could do - decorating for a birthday party with Happy Birthday over and over or your kids room with their favourite song. So easy yet so eye catching. Great idea!

andthatsfamily said...

This turned out lovely. There are so many uses you could do - decorating for a birthday party with Happy Birthday over and over or your kids room with their favourite song. So easy yet so eye catching. Great idea!

Beth (www.livinglifeintentionally.blogspot.com) said...

Very cute & clever idea! Thanks for linking up to TGIF! Look forward to seeing you next week,
Beth =-)

Julie@teachinggoodeaters said...

That is a good idea! You could also do Christmas songs for Chirstmas decorations...

Jenn "Rook No. 17" said...

What a beautiful, meaningful and creative idea!

Marissa said...

what a neat idea! Yes, it would make a great gift :) GENIUS IDEA!!!!

I'm still planning on making a heritage wall, as you did! Awesome idea and I'm gathering old family photos right now!

Jess said...

love this idea... could use sheet music, stories, handwritten wish for your children... neato!

Ladybird Ln said...

What a sweet idea, I am pinning this! THanks for showing off!

Carlee
www.ladybirdln.com

Ladybird Ln said...

What a sweet idea, and could be so personalized! I am pinning this, thanks for showing off!

Carlee
www.ladybirdln.com

From Gen to Gen said...

I love framing the lyrics --- thank you so much for sharing!
Blessings, Becky
www.fromgentogen.com

Lauren @ My Wonderfully Made said...

Super idea! I love the idea of the couple's wedding song (or first dance song) since my son just got married this summer!

Natasha said...

what a lovely idea

Thanks for linking up to Serenity Saturday.
Hope to see you there again tomorrow

Natasha xxx

www.serenityyou.blogspot.com

Becolorful said...

The script idea is perfect and I love that you chose the lyrics to a meaningful to you song. Totally fun. Thanks so much for linking this up to Motivated Monday at BeColorful
Pam

Toodie said...

What a great idea! I could use my favorite quotes (there are a LOT). Thanks so much for the inspiration.

pakistan gifts said...

i like love this Charity Warmer! that's great ,thanks for sharing.