Sunday, November 13, 2011

Operation Christmas Child

OCC_PackABox_Header
Operation Christmas Child is such a great opportunity to teach your child to give.

We did ours for our life skills class this week.

I originally had one of the kids shoe boxes but my sister in law brought me one of hers that she got from church that is bigger and deeper. I suggest calling a local church to see if they have any of the actual "operation Christmas Child" boxes on hand. It made it much easier to fit everything in. :)

My boys get to pick everything out themselves. This year they gave things like crayons, notebooks, play dough, soap,  a funny stuffed toy that they thought would make the child smile (they are so stinking sweet!), suckers, and stickers... You do not have to spend a fortune to give a child a Christmas gift! :)


I love the way the monster thing looks in the box. It cracks me up.


We do our $7 dontation on line so that we know where the gift ends up. The boys are so excited to see what country it goes to. We will take that opportunity to learn about the country at "school".

Learn more about that here.

This week is national collection week. November 14-21. Find out where you can drop a box off by going here!