Friday, November 18, 2011

The Homeschool Mother's Journal

The Homeschool Mother's Journal 

In my life this week...
This week has been a busy one. Fire Department Visit, Hair Appointments, Cub Scout Committee Meeting, Den Meeting, Fall Banquet, Musical Field Trip, Scentsy Party Planning, Fall Festival, Preschool program, Getting ready for Thanksgiving! Then... our fridge went out so we got to buy a new fridge at Christmas time. Thank goodness all the gifts and baking goods have been purchased already. :) I cant complain I am LOVING the new fridge.

In our homeschool this week…
Since we had such a busy week, our lesson plans were to the point.
Next week will be more fun. :)

Math:
Greater than and Less than.
I let him use 2 stick magnets to make the correct sign
between 2 numbers that I would write on the board.

Language Arts:
Rhymes and the story of Mother Goose.

Geography:
Learn about our world.
Science:
Plants and Animals.
What's the difference? How do plants and animals grow?
The food Chain. How to plant.
We are planting carrots in a 2 litter bottle so we did the glowing Mt. Dew science experiment to help empty out the bottle!
...kind of a disappointment to find out it is a hoax.
Places we’re going and people we’re seeing…

We went to the fire department for a tour this week!
Today, we are going to a kid's musical. I can't wait!

My favorite thing this week was…
Going to our festival. This always kick starts the Christmas crafts in our house!
Captain's Cub Scout Banquet.
(Showing off his turkey)
I’m grateful for…
The wellness in our home.
I’m praying for…

God grant me the serenity
to accept the things I cannot change;
courage to change the things I can;
and wisdom to know the difference.

I have had a very hard time keeping a happy heart this week.
My week has been full of negativity and personal attacks.
 I try not to let the little things get to me but I am only human.
 I want to forgive these people and move on but every time I try,
 they come back with one more stab.

A photo, video, link, or quote to share…
From  Lucius Art on Etsy.
From my Pinterest.

5 comments:

Marissa said...

oh wow, look at you homeschool Momma! Sounds like it's going great!!

great pics :)

Kristi said...

I love that picture, thanks so much for sharing it with us!

http://jennifer-controlledchaos.blogspot.com/2011/11/homeschool-mothers-journal-november-18.html said...

I found you last week on the Homeschool Mother's Journal and was glad to find you again this week. Your page design makes me smile. I hope you can enjoy a better week next week!

Elizabeth said...

I'm sorry for the personal attacks that were bringing you down this week. It's amazing the pain and frustration another person can inflict. We do have to try and forgive but you're not perfect... no one is. It's okay to feel hurt.

I love your blog! Thanks for commenting on mine. You have a beautiful family!

Our Crazy Bunch said...

Are you home schooling them all? I must have missed that post?