Thursday, November 10, 2011

The Homeschool Mother's Journal

The Homeschool Mother's Journal

In our homeschool this week…
 
 
My favorite thing this week was…
Our art and science projects.
I also loved the virtual field trip!
Read more about them here.
 
 
I’m reading…
What Your First Grader Should Know.
From the Core Knowledge Series.

What’s working/not working for us…

Taking the lessons out on the porch. I have an old school desk on the porch and it has been great to take out studies outside and soak up the warm sun and fresh air!



I’m cooking…
Pumpkin muffins for breakfast!

Places we’re going and people we’re seeing…

Ninja will be singing at the local Christmas exibit today.
We will go to our local festival this weekend along with build and grow to build a science expiriment station! :)




I am inspired by…
All of the homeschool blogs that I have found and the ones that have found me. I love reading about different ideas and tips! Thank you all!

I’m grateful for…

Hubby's new job. No more going days with out seeing each other. I am so grateful to have Captain at home with me again. I am thankful for the wellness in our home and for my family that never fails to amaze me. Ninja is growing so fast and making so many friends, Sissy is still so sweet and has such a great attitude, and Captain is just so excited to take everything in and try new things.

A photo, video, link, or quote to share…
 Pinned Image

From my pinterest.
 You can find me here!

9 comments:

flmom said...

Pumpkin muffins are on my list! Oh my goodness, that sounds so good right now. We love going outside as well to do our work. Nature sounds, fresh air, sunshine ... ahhhhh! So glad we don't have to stay cooped up in a formal classroom all day.

martianne said...

It is SO great to take learning outdoors, isn't it? It invigorates me and mine to do so.

Judy @ Contented at Home said...

Building a science experiment station sounds intriguing!
My 16yo son takes some of his work outside...to his treestand! He studies and watches for deer at the same time. :-)
Thanks for visiting Contented at Home!

Jade Clark said...

Bahahah, your mustache pictures are cracking me up! Anyway, sounds like a fun week. I wish we had a nice big porch and could work outside on it. Having a big porch is definitely on my "wish list" for our next home. Mmm, I need to make a batch of pumpkin muffins, haven't done that this year yet... :::runs off to check on ingredients!:::

Found you via the HMJ, you can find me at http://heyitsjade.blogspot.com!

Jennifer @ Mommy Y said...

Love the quote! Glad to have found your blog. I especially like the mustache theme and fantastic kid names!

Amy said...

I absolutely love the mustache pictures!!

PrairieJenn said...

Love your photos in the sidebar! Too funny:) So glad to hear about the changes in your husband's schedule. We love having Daddy home too!

Rodna said...

Pumpkin muffins sound really good.

I am now following you!

http://trainingchildrenupforchrist.blogspot.com/2011/11/homeschool-mothers-journal-new-car-and.html

Becca said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog on Friday!