Friday, November 4, 2011

The Homeschool Classroom.

We have had so many changes in our household this year.
Sissy moving in full time, Hubby taking a job where he is gone some nights, Ninja starting
 pre-school, I guess I should have known that it was Captain's turn for change. ;)

Captain has just not been digging school this year. I thought that this was going to be a great year for him and it has been quite the opposite. He wanted to homeschool since last summer but I asked that he give school a good chance this year to be sure that it is what he wanted. I asked him to give it 6 weeks and we would talk about it more if we needed to. The first six weeks has come and gone and things haven't changed.
So... I am going to pull him out today.

I spent all night making sure that I had all of his curriculum and a solid "classroom" set up so that we could jump right into this. I will be blogging about our weekly lessons to share with my readers and to serve as a log for myself.

What better place to start blogging about this than the classroom?

I am using our dinning room since we don't have an
extra room in the house and there are no distractions in here.


The chalkboard table is perfect for "scratch paper".
It gives us a big place to work and for him to use his computer.


I moved the tower back in here to store everything in one place.
I added a curtain rod so that is doesn't look junky
and distracting when we are working or not using it.


I framed our daily list and weekly list.
It looks tidy and we can mark off what we have done as we go along
with a dry erase marker so that we can keep track of what we have left for the day.


I also framed matching construction paper for his weekly spelling
 words and sight words to avoid using so much paper and printing.

I will use my dry erase markers to write out his list and then at
 the end of the week I can wipe it clean and put the new list up.


That is about it for now. I wanted to keep it clean and simple.
I would love to hear any comments or ideas that you
think might help us on our new journey!

15 comments:

Jackie said...

Congrats on the home school classroom. Have to be special to be able to do that. Thanks for sharing

www.inspired-by-scrapping.blogspot.com
Jackie

Steph @ Crafting in the Rain said...

Looks like a great space!

Our Country Road said...

I love the idea to post each weeks spelling list on the glass-so cute!

Rose said...

It looks great - very organized and simple.

Beth (www.livinglifeintentionally.blogspot.com) said...

Very creative use of your space. Your school room looks very cute! I would love for you to link up at my TGIF Linky Party - http://livinglifeintentionally.blogspot.com/search/label/Linkey%20Parties
Beth =-)

TV's Take said...

Wow - I'm simply in awe of your homeschooling abilities. Looks like your doing great!

Marissa said...

wow, looks great! Good luck with this transition and there's no doubt you'll rock at this! Lots of resources out there and the local teacher supply stores usually have great resources for homeschooling and the local YMCA's have a lot of physical education/nutrition classes available for homeschool students!

Natasha said...

.love the curtin over the shelfs

Would LOVE it if you could share this on my link party Serenity Saturday over at www.serenityyou.blogspot.com

Natasha xx

Miss Charming said...

What a cute family! I'm sure your son will really appreciate your decision to homeschool. Best of luck!

Kellie said...

looks great!!

Lexie Loo, Little Lily, and Dylan Too! said...

It looks great!

Curbstone Homestead said...

We are homeschooling first grade this year too! Its been a fun journey so far! Kudos to you for leaping into it!

Natasha said...

Thank you for linking up at Serenity Saturday link party

Hope you can come and join us this week too

Natasha xx

www.serenityyou.blogspot.com

SKYANGEL said...

Hi, I visited your blog and liked what I seen, so I am now your newest follower,
I also am the author of new blog on Google, visit mine at
http://whenitsonlymakebelieve.blogspot.com/ I would be grateful if you follow me
back. Have a gr8 day! Helen

Mom to 2 Posh Lil Divas said...

good luck homeschooling! a big change but it sounds like something he really wanted so I am sure it will be wonderful for him (& you)

Thanks for linking to the Sunday Showcase! Can't wait to see what you share with us this week.

Bern
http://momto2poshlildivas.blogspot.com/search/label/Sunday%20Showcase