Tuesday, November 8, 2011

First Grade Homeschool Lesson Plan. Week 1

Math:
Learn to tell time.
Review lessons 3-10 from Saxon math curriculum.
Work on addition.
History:
History of Thanksgiving.
Read: Turkeys, Pilgrims, and Indian Corn by E. Barth
Project: Turkey Craft with pine cones.
Science:
Leaves and Autumn
Read:
Autumn by G. Smith
What Happens In The Autumn by: S. Venion
Leaves In The Fall by: M. Rustad
Animals In The Fall by: M. Rustad
Science Project:
Read more about it here.

Bible Study:
Jonah

Art:

Learn to draw a realistic fall tree.
Both boys got to paint a tree on a canvas and pick buttons to glue on it for the leaves.
From Kathy Barbro and several pins on pinterest.

I love how cute and different they turned out!

Spelling Words:
"ck" - For, On, Are, As, Back, Sack, Black, Snack
He ended up making a 100 on his Monday Pre Test so we moved to the nest week's words.
"it" - With, His, This, Sit, Hit, Bit, Fit

Sight Words:
Ask, As, After, An, Any, Again
Reading:
Make "ending sounds" flash cards with paint strips from nailstrail.
Learn about central idea and beginning consonants.

His books to read this week:
Happy Thanksgiving by: M.Mc Namara
Fall Leaf Project by: M.Mc Namara
Silly Sara By: A. Hays
Life Skills:


Make Pumpkin Spice Play Dough for November!
We used a recipe from Crystal and Comp!

12 comments:

Jen said...

Thanks for linking up with the Blog Roll! Great things on your lesson plan! :D

Jen said...

looks like we were leaving comments on each others blogs at the same time! :D I'm following you too!

Beth (www.livinglifeintentionally.blogspot.com) said...

Okay the sidebar pictures are HILARIOUS!! Love it! I also think your turkey & trees turned out great. And I love the way you made a clever use out of paint swatches! I wanted to invite you to link up at TGIF Linky Party (http://livinglifeintentionally.blogspot.com/search/label/Linkey%20Parties). I am also your newest follower. I'd love for you to follow me back, if you want =-)
Beth

Kelly the Happy Texan said...

You guys are having so much fun! Love the trees. Might have to do that with my kiddos. :)

Mindie Hilton said...

You have a really cute site. Your turkey caught my eye because I just made one yesterday with my boys. We did ours a little different. I do a lot of pine cone crafts because I live in the Sierra Mountains so we have a ton of them. I would love for you to join my weekly linky party. Fri-monday come strut your stuff.

http://bacontimewiththehungryhypo.blogspot.com/2011/11/pepperoni-pizza-holiday-crescent-wreath.html

Erin {Lavender and Lemon Drops} said...

So cute! You are one creative momma!

Lexie Loo, Little Lily, and Dylan Too! said...

It looks like your kids are having so much fun learning! There is a part of me that would love to homeschool. I hate how much time I have to spend away from my son now that he's in first grade.

Stephanie said...

It looks like a productive, fun week!

Marie said...

Great lesson plan! It looks like your boys are having so much fun!

Marie
mylilpinkpocket.blogspot.com

JDaniel4's Mom said...

I love your turkey!

I would love for you to link this post to my Thanksgiving Traditions link up on Thursday!

La Dolce Vita: The Sweet Life said...

Going to try that pine cone turkey!!

Ladybird Ln said...

I love this fun simple idea! I would love for you to link up at my Turkey Show Off party this Friday!! It should be a good time, I have some fun prizes!

Carlee
http://www.ladybirdln.com/2011/11/turkey-daze.html