Monday, November 21, 2011

Dark Chocolate, Banana, Peanut Butter Cream Pie

A couple of years ago, I was looking for a simple, quick,
 go-to recipe that I could take to a get together.

I found a basic peanut butter pie recipe and made it my own.
I warn you, it is delish and far from healthy.
This is why it only gets made once a year. ;)

You Need:
1/2 Cup Peanut Butter
 (Cant use natural for this)
1/2 Cup Powder Sugar
6 oz. Cream Cheese, Softened 
(No Fat Free, it messes with the texture)
4 oz. Cool Whip, Thawed
1/2 oz. Dark Chocolate
2 Tb Milk
Pie Crust of choice.
(We have made this with every pie crust out there and the Nilla is by far our favorite.)


Fist you need to shave your chocolate.
I use my handy dandy microplane.


Put this in the freezer and keep it there until you are ready for it.
I like it frozen so that it doesn't melt when you fold it into the pie filling.

In a large bowl, combine the milk, cream cheese, peanut butter, and sugar.


Fold in the cool whip and then the chocolate shavings.
(You can set some shavings aside to top the pie off if you would like.

Layer sliced bananas in the bottom of your pie crust. I keep mine sliced really thin and I use the whole banana.
(I couldn't do this today because we have a friend over with a banana allergy)

Then, spoon your filling over the bananas and smooth out.
 Now you can top off with more chocolate shavings to make it look pretty. ;)

Pop in the fridge for at lease 2 hours. Over night is best.

Enjoy.


13 comments:

Melody at chattychics.com said...

Sounds wonderful! Thanks for sharing!

Alyssabeth's said...

My kids would just love this, thanks for sharing.

Pati @ A Crafty Escape said...

This looks amazing!

Found you on abcand123learning's Show & Tell.

Our Family of Four said...

This sounds so yummy!

Lexie Loo, Lily Boo, and Dylan Too! said...

Oh my goodness, you had me at the title. YUM!

Michelle said...

OOOH this looks divine! I want it for my birthday cake, thanks for sharing :)

Krista said...

Yum! And easy too :) Thanks for sharing at Church Supper. Have a blessed week!

Everyday Mom's Meals

Valerie said...

Wow! This looks sinfully good! Thanks for sharing.

Jen said...

Oh, I should not have clicked over here! This looks like sabotage on a spoon! YUM! I'd be thrilled if you came and linked up to the Head to Head Showdown, going on right now at www.icantstopcrafting.blogspot.com

~Jen

Becolorful said...

You're killing me. :0 This looks so good and fairly easy too. Gotta love that. Thanks for the link up to Motivated Monday at BeColorful.
Pam

Marie said...

Looks yummy!! So glad you linked up with us!

Marie
mylilpinkpocket.blogspot.com

Jenn "Rook No. 17" said...

Alrighty, it's a Mommy Minded triple play -- all of your link-ups this week were just to great to keep to myself!

Krista said...

This looks so yummy. Great flavor combo. Thanks for sharing at Church Supper. Have a blessed week & come back soon. ~EMM