Monday, October 3, 2011

Getting ready for Spring!


Yes, I know it's only been Fall for a week!
Now is the time to prep for Spring!

Every year when I put out my Fall Mums, I clip my Ivy and Jews.


After a long hot summer and then 40 degree morning temp here in Texas...
Our plants end up looking like this in the Fall.


This is the same Jew from 3 years ago...
I always take live clippings from the plant and toss the dead.


I end up with a handful of these.
Add them to a cup of water and set it in a window for a month or so.
Add water as needed.


You end up with roots that look like this!
Plant them in a cute pot and soil.


I water them VERY WELL and set them in the sun for one day then bring them in.
Over the Fall and Winter, I keep them in my windows and they look pretty in the house!

When Spring comes around, you have plants ready to go outside that you don't have to purchase again!

Here is this same Jew after going through this same process last year.


This works on so many plants!
I took mint from my awesome neighbor and did the same thing.
Noting better than free herbs and greenery!
;)



6 comments:

Debs Dealz said...

Hi there, Debs Dealz stopping in as your newest follower from the Tickled Pink Friday Hop! Please stop over and visit me back and return the follow! Also, we host daily blog hops, stop in and link up to some!

Thanks, Deb
http://www.debsdealz.blogspot.com

Miss Kitty said...

Great idea! Thanks for sharing how to save plants for another season. I saw your post over at "Commercial Break Thursday".

Anonymous said...

I cant believe that I never knew about this. Thank you for sharing!

Anonymous said...

I cant believe that I never knew about this. Thank you for sharing!

Becolorful said...

great idea. Now if my plants would only survive the summer next year I will give this a try. :) Thanks for sharing on Motivated Monday at beColorful
Pam

Jenn Erickson said...

What wonderful tips for those beautiful plants!