Monday, August 1, 2011

Back to School Family Meeting

Since I did the safety meeting today, I thought I should go ahead and post our back to school meeting too.

Here is what all we cover for our back to school meeting:

To Do List
Family Schedule
Special Interest List
Menu Plan

The Back to School To Do List


Well, it is just what it sounds like! A list of things that need to be done. I post this for all the family to see and we just mark things off as we go. You can find post about most of these things on the top of my right side bar under "Back to School".

Family Schedule


I really like having a family schedule to keep us all on track. We are not always 100% on the dot with times, it is more for time management. If it takes the kids longer to do homework then they loose a little play time. If they don't need that whole time slot for homework, they get more play time. You get the idea. Since Ninja is still at home, it really helps to have a daily schedule for him as well.

Special Interest List


This is just for ninja. He has his curriculum that he follows but I like to make a list of things that he just wants to learn about on top of what we have planned. You would be surprised to hear him talk about random things he knows so much about just from us doing this.

Menu guide


This is just for me. It just gives me a layout to work with. I always like to mix things up for the kids so this helps keep me from repeating things during the week and it helps me make out the menu for the week.

4 comments:

Happy Home Fairy said...

Back to School Family Meetings are so important! I love that you shared all of your helpful ideas with our Happy Homes! Plus, your Homework Station chalkboard table is AMAZING!

Little Wonders' Days said...

This is such a good idea to help keep everyone on the same page and communicating. BTW, my oldest loves sharks, so I know it's shark week on the Discovery Channel.

SJ @ Homemaker On A Dime said...

I know that you have so many blog parties to choose from so thank you for choosing Creative Bloggers' Party & Hop. This post is added to the party blast! Enjoy the rest of the week :)

Jenn Erickson said...

I love the way you organize and get your family on the same page. Thank you for sharing your wonderful ideas!