Friday, July 8, 2011

Simple.


Just when I thought that I couldn't make my bedroom more simple... I do.
Here is the updated room and I think it will stay like this for a long long time.
I put the dressers in the closets and lifted the bed about 8 inches.
The boys think it is my princess bed. lol.
 I pulled out a lot of color and took even more off the walls.
 It is simple and relaxing. I love it.





I was super busy this week trying to get ready for a garage sale.
It was insane. I had people at the house at 5:30 in the morning! One lady came in and bought stuff out of my house. Since I was changing my colors, it was all good for me! The night before the sale a dear friend came by and shopped. When she saw all of the colors in the house she said "You need to come look in my storage room(s)!" ... So I did.
I got to her house and Hubby knew right away that he was in trouble. There was 2 huge storage rooms and a trailer FULL of awesomness. This girl has collected my dreams!

Here are a few things that I walked away with!


The jars went through a bleach bath and then right to work.


I was a little worried about pink because I am not a "pink person"
 but I fell in love with a couple of things at her house and now I love it in my house!

Anywho, this is just a quick look at our weekend.
 I cant wait to show you what we have planned for Sunday! ;)

21 comments:

Hanna said...

Wow! That looks great - everthing! What is that you have the pink floral on?

Mommy Minded said...

Hey Hanna! Thanks so much! The pink thing is on my tv stand between the tv and the table top.

abeachcottage said...

It looks serene and peaceful, a lovely place to relax and have some time off :)

Lexie Loo & Dylan Too said...

I love it! It looks very relaxing!

{ T G L } said...

I love the look of your bedroom - it looks so fresh and uncluttered. Gives me instant-Zen!

Thanks for stopping by :) I was looking for your Ten on Ten but couldn't find it :)

Blessings,
This Good Life

A Day in the Life... said...

just came across your blog from "What's Allie Making Now" and I LOVE your updated bedroom. i am definitely all about simple, too! it looks great!

❀ⒹⒺⒺ❀@ A Lapin Life said...

Your bedroom looks very restful and pretty.

Dee

Lisa said...

I love your bedroom! It looks so peaceful and relaxing!

Sherry said...

It is very pretty! Bedrooms should be simple and uncluttered, nothing to disturb the restful mind! I'm a new follower.
Sherry @
www.ponderedprimedperfected@blogspot.com

Natasha said...

gorgeous!!

Would love it if you could share this on my link party at www.serenityyou.blogspot.com

Natasha xxx

Shevy said...

its so beautiful and relaxing looking. exactly what i feel a bedroom should be, you have given me inspiration to work on my own room!

KelliB said...

Thanks for linking up to Totally Inspired Tuesdays! This room looks so comfy! Thanks for adding me to your parties also!

Kelli
www.theinspiredcollection.blogspot.com

samaa @ Honey Sweet Home said...

What a beautiful bedroom! I absolutely love it! Simple, but not sparse :)

Comeca Jones said...

I love the lil glass house and the pink*giggle*The bedroom is so serene I love it!

EvA. . . said...

wow very pretty!

Shannon said...

I love the neutrals!!!
Shannon
www.akadesign.ca

Becolorful said...

I am finding this calmer more zen feel very appealing too - especially in the bedroom. It looks great. Thanks for linking up to Motivated Monday at BeColorful
Pam

Glenda @ Magnolia Bend Drive said...

I like it! I like simple beauty and that is what you have achieved.

kim said...

Simple, refreshing, and calm!I am hosting my first EVAH link party this weekend. It is up and running now and I would love for you to come link up some of your projects!

Kim @ Too Much Time

http://kim-toomuchtimeonmyhands.blogspot.com/search/label/get%20schooled%20saturday

Sachiko said...

Beautiful!! I love your simple and calm style. Thank you for sharing. :)

Katie said...

Love this simple room!