Friday, July 1, 2011

Crock Pot Fajitas

With temps over 100 here in Texas, I am doing all I can to keep the house cool with out the AC running full force all day. Since the oven heats the house I have been using my crock pot almost everyday. Plus, the kids and I are out doing something everyday so I can get dinner going in the morning and we dont have to rush home to cook!

I will be trying to add a recipe every week, most of them will be for the crock pot.


Crock Pot Fajitas

These are super easy. You will need:

Flank Steak- Cut into 1 inch strips
2 Bell Peppers- Cut into strips
1 Onion - Cut into strips
1 Package Fajita Seasoning
Tortillas

Choice of toppings!
 I used sliced avacados, lime juice, and fresh cilantro.

Spray inside of your crock pot with cooking spray. Toss in meat, onions, peppers, and sprinkle seasoning on top. Cover and cook on low for 8 hours!

When you are ready to eat you can pop your tortillas in the microwave covered by a damp paper towl for 30 seconds to warm and soften them up a little.

Build your fajitas!

Hubby was so exctited to see beef since I never buy it. Any time we order fajitas out the meat is to tough and chewy so I was super duper happy when this meat came out tender and juicy!

Fajitas for 2 at our local resturant comes to about $30.

My total for everything was $10.
 (Meat, seasoning, peppers, onion, tortillas, limes, cilantro, and avacados)

3 comments:

Holly said...

These sound great! Definetely going to try them.

meg + andy said...

oooo, these look amazing! and the crockpot just makes the whole thing that much more appealing!
btw, i really like your playlist. i can see how it would cheer ya up ;)

TV's Take said...

They sound great and what a way to beat the heat on the inside. THanks for sharing. Also thanks for your comment on my blog today. I'm now following you. Happy 4th of July