Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Crock Pot Apple Dumplings



Hubby has always told me that he really likes apple dumplings and I had never tried them. I started looking up recipes and found several. 
Here is one that I was able to make in my handy dandy crock pot!

I copied this right from Crock Pot 365.
2 cans refrigerated crescent rolls.
2 granny smith apples
1 stick of butter
1 cup white sugar
1 t vanilla
1 t cinnamon
1 cup Mountain Dew

The Directions.

Spray your crock insert with cooking spray.
Roll out the cresent triangles and fill each one with an apple slice, then roll it up.
Pile the crock pot high with all of your little dumplings.
Melt the stick of butter in the microwave, and stir in the cup of sugar, and the cinnamon and vanilla. Pour over the dumplings.
Pour one cup of Mountain Dew over the top.


Prop lid open with a wooden spoon or chopstick and cook on high for 4-5 hours, or until the dough is brown and cooked through.

Well, Hubby and Sissy loved them. They were just way to sweet for me and Captain. We had apple, peanut butter, granola sandwiches for desert insted.



What a nut.

2 comments:

Tanya said...

Something different. The dumplings look yummy!

Rachel said...

Thanks for posting this - we've been looking for some high calorie fruit treats for Mom while she's on chemo, and I think this would be fun!