Sunday, July 31, 2011

Back to School Car Box

Our school system is set up a little different than most and because of this,
I spend more than an hour picking up the kids from school everyday!

I keep an "after school box" in the car all year long.
Here is what I keep in ours:

Tissues
Wipes
Pens
Notepads
Snacks
Drinks
Trash Bags
Books
Extra Shirt



These are just a few items that I have learned to keep in
 the car for school pick ups over the past few years.

Captain has to wait an extra 30 minutes to get home
because we have to pick up Sissy. Since they eat
 lunch at 11:00, he is starving by 4:00
so I keep snack and a drink in the car for him.

I will randomly have to run to the store and some
days I have no idea what the kids will look like after school!
That's why I keep the extra shirt and wipes.

Ever have to pick your kids up from school
early because they are sick?
Then you know why I keep the small trash bags and tissues. :)

Pens, notepads, and books are for them to stay busy until we get home.

Here is the back of my car. I love that everything is in it's place and sealed. I have a hideaway compartment in the back of my SUV but if you don't, these totes stack well.


After School Box
Emergency Box, see post here.
Blankets, see post here.


14 comments:

leelea said...

Love this idea!!!!!! I am totally doing this!!

Lexie Loo & Dylan Too said...

That's a long time to spend in the car! I do have a lot of that stuff stashed in mine anyway, but it would be smart to put it in a tote!

Decorating with Cents said...

I don't have to do school pick up anymore, but that is so neat!

Marissa said...

my goodness, you stay organized and prepared! AWESOME! Thanks!

Ok, I totally need pinterest 101...I'm clueless! I've signed up but what to do next??!

Lynda @ {ubersavvy} said...

A good idea but wow it sounds like your afternoons are a real mission. Lucky kids to have such an organised Mum
Lynda @ Uber Savvy buzzword

Grammy Goodwill said...

This is a great idea. I think you're ready for school to start.

The Autocrat: Haley said...

What a super fabulous idea!! Thanks for sharing! I'm going to have to check out your other boxes too!

Kristine @ JandMs Eye Candy said...

GREAT IDEA!!!! And it looks great too!!

We host a linky party “Help a Momma Out” every Tuesday. This would be a perfect link up! Please feel free to add it :) We appreciate it! Thanks for sharing!

Kristine
www.jandmseyecandy.blogspot.com

Erica @ Doodles and Doilies said...

I love this idea! I am a new follower! Stop by when you have a chance: http://doodlesanddoilies.blogspot.com

Aimee from Classified: Mom said...

What a great idea- I really need to get more organized like this! Thank you for linking this post up to The Sunday Showcase!

SJ @ Homemaker On A Dime said...

I know that you have so many blog parties to choose from so thank you for choosing Creative Bloggers' Party & Hop. This post is added to the party blast! Enjoy the rest of the week :)

Christine said...

That seems like it can be an insane schedule! Thanks for linking up with my Show and Share party.

Jenn Erickson said...

Another absolutely fantastic idea and excellent way to be prepared for any eventuality.

Jenn

Connie Weiss said...

Thank you so much! This is the best idea ever!