Monday, June 20, 2011

Must love sunshine.

Last week I stared working on brightening up the house. I decided that the curtains were really making the house way to dark and they don't let in any sunlight! So I went to the thrift shop, bought some white bed sheets for 50 cents, bleached them, folded down a flap and hot glued it. Yep, hot glued it. I don't sew! ;)

I love the way they turned out.

Here is the living room before


and after


here is the dinning room.


The sun can come right on in now! :)
<Photobucket

6 comments:

Amy said...

It's amazing what just some small changes can do..and look at that light!!!!

katie said...

Looks great! There is nothing like the sun coming in to brighten up everything! I always feel so much better when I open our curtains. It is an immediate wake me up.

Our Crazy Bunch said...

Super cute! I too have red curtains in my living room. I have a love hate relationship with them. :)

Marissa said...

looks good! I love natural light shining in...makes me feel better than when it's gloomy indoors :) Good job!

Michele Alger said...

great job! Amazing what a little change can do! Love your after coffee table ;)

Laila said...

It looks great! I never through about hot gluing but since I don't have a sewing machine it makes good sense. Thanks for giving me an idea!