Sunday, June 5, 2011

Mommy's Cookies *Vegan*

My sister and I were talking about a recipe for cookies she found and neither of us were super happy with how they turned out.
I got a little burst of energy today and made them again with some changes and I LOVE them now!

Here is the recipe that I like the best!


You need:

3 Ripe (Overly ripe) Bananas, Mashed
2 Cups Oats
1 Cup Chopped Dates
1/3 Cup Oil (Or apple sauce)
1 teaspoon Almond Extract
1 teaspoon Cinnamon
1 Scoop Chia Seeds
1 Scoop Protein Powder (I use Soy)

Combine all ingredients in large bowl. Let set for 15 minutes. Drop by teaspoon onto ungreased cookie sheet. Bake at 350 for 15 minutes.

Eat. :)

You can do so many things with this recipe to make it your own. like:

*Use applesauce instead of oil
*Add or replace dates with dried apples, raisins, cranberries.
*Add nuts
*Use your favorite spices.
*Add flax seed or wheat germ.

You do not have to use the Chia Seeds or Protein Powder.
It will not change the cookie's texture or baking time/temp.
I use them in my recipes for protein, omegas, and fiber.


13 comments:

ohkeeka said...

I love this! I've never tried vegan baking, but I've tried a lot of vegan cookies that were so good. I would so negate all the goodness in this recipe by adding dark chocolate chips, though. ;)

Beth said...

Following you from Christmas in July Giveaway Hop! Hope you’ll follow me back.

Beth (Steals, Deals & Life)
http://bethscoupondeals.blogspot.com/

meg + andy said...

hey there! i just happened to see your comment on my sis's blog- everyday lovely and thought i'd say hi! My husband has just recently (as in 2 days ago) gotten all excited about chia seeds and also got a "vegan" cookbook at the library the same day. :) He was hoping to find a granola bar with chia seeds so i'm so excited to show him your recipe! Oh, and where did you find that big container of chia seeds? We were only able to find a small package at our "Sprouts" store. Thanks, so glad to have found you! ;)

Marissa said...

never tried Vegan baking, but those look pretty good! Now, I'm off to read your previous post on that book review...

LivingSoAbundantly said...

They look good! I like how you make sure that the ingredients are healthy and supply your body with what is needed.

Val said...

Sounds yummy!

shopannies said...

these would be a real treat for all yummy

Chad and Mary Beth @ Nothing But Country said...

These look good. And healthy is awesome too.

And love that you shared your creation with our readers this week too.

Thanks for linking up at Nothing But Country Creative Creations Tuesday. You rock!!

Becolorful said...

Love getting vegan recipes. I will definitely be passing your blog post along. Thanks for sharing on Motivated Monday at BeColorful
Pam

SJ @ Homemaker On A Dime said...

Hi, friend! I'm admiring all your creativity here. Can you please share them with us at the Creative Bloggers' Party & Hop. Hope to see you there at the party :)

Calise said...

Great recipe! I'm not vegan, but I do as little added sweetener and as little dairy as possible for health reasons :D These look super simple, which is always a plus! Thank you!

Not Your Ordinary Agent said...

excellent healthy recipe! love using dates! never tried that before. thanks for linking to foodie friday!
Not Your Ordinary Agent
Not Your Ordinary Recipes
Clean Gal

Carrie said...

I'm always struggling to find great vegan recipes or a particular friend when she visits, so this is great. And, yummy! Thanks for linking up to Refresh Your Nest Friday!