Thursday, June 30, 2011

Corn Dog Muffins



I have seen a million and one recipes for corn dog muffins and I have never tried them... until today when Ninja was REALLY wanting a corn dog and I didn't have any!

I went ahead and tried a new recipe with things that I had in my pantry.My kids love Mexican food so I added a little twist on a bsic recipe minus the extra sugar.

Here is what I did:

1 Box Jiffy Cornbread, Prepared
1 Can Black Beans, Drained and Rinsed
1 Tb Green Chilies (Optional)
1 t Cumin
5 Turkey Dogs (Or Hot dogs) Chopped

Preheat oven to 400. Add all other ingredients to corn bread batter and stir together well. Fill 8 muffin tins equally. Pop into oven for 15 minutes or until golden brown!

Easy Enough?

The kids LOVED them.
They are a little healthier than fried corn dogs and they are awesome on a budget!

2 comments:

Marissa said...

ewww I want one of those :)

Kelly the Happy Texan said...

Oh man! I could throw down on those. A little mustard to dip them in and I'm in corndog heaven.