Monday, June 6, 2011

Bedroom Simplify... even more... :)


I have really been doing a lot of construction around the house, trying to make things more bright. I have a bunch of rich colors in the house and it tends to make it very dark. I finished up the bedroom today. I is simple changes but it really made the room GLOW.

I didn't notice until now that Sissy's before pictures didn't turn out so well. She took these for me right after we got out of bed this morning. I had just pulled up the sheets and not made the bed yet. Please forgive ;).



Not super messy but there is a lot of decor on the dressers and stuff on the walls... the curtains were dark, the bedding was dark... so.

I took everything off the walls and minimized decor on the dressers:


I added a white quilt from the closet to the bed, tossed on a couple of my favorite burlap pillows, and swapped the curtains from the dinning room:


It is super duper simple and the bedding has brightened the entire room up tremendously!

<Photobucket

8 comments:

Danielle said...

totally different looking room. much brighter definetly! :)

ChicnSavvy said...

Love the room! Super pretty!! Following you from the Christmas in July Event Linky!!

http://www.chicnsavvyreviews.com

meg + andy said...

THanks for the info on Chia seeds! i"ll have to check the refrigerated section :) And i'd love to send your daughter a hair clip! Just let me know which one and email me at megandandyblog@gmail.com :)

Grace said...

love the room! simplicity is so wonderful! thanks for stopping by my blog today! love yours! Im now following!

Kelly said...

your room looks so peaceful!

katie said...

Looks great! Love simplifying things.

outjunking said...

one should always go with less is more I think.
Looks right.

Ginger Snaps said...

Following you from Sugar Bee Crafts. Love how it turned out! :) Would love to have you link it up to my {wow me} wednesday link party going on right now on my blog. :)

Ginger
gingersnapcrafts.blogspot.com