Friday, July 22, 2011

Ready Wall.



Last week I found a couple of great pieces for Sissy's room.

We ended up not having enough room for everything so I had to pull some stuff out. This big shelf was the best option to go. My grandad built it so I couldn't let it go. I had been thinking of a way to help keep all of the kids stuff organized and ready to go by the door... that's when it hit me.

I just flipped that bad boy on it's side to make it a bench.


Covered the bottom with fabric, tossed on a few pillows, hung up the kids hooks, and added a few pictures.


Here is what is under the fabric.
Backpacks, shoes, t-ball gear...

This was such a simple and cheap (Free) fix for the kids to keep organized!

Back to School.

When it comes to leaving for school in the morning, having everything ready to go right there at the door is best.

Here is a picture from last year where it was in our hallway. That worked great too!


9 comments:

LrSchwtz said...

What a great idea! I love hidden storage! Please stop by www.laughloveandcraft.com and link up to my Share the Wealth Wednesday Link Party! I'm your newest follower!

Tanya @ Greetings From the Asylum said...

Great idea! It looks so clean! Thanks for sharing!

Cherished Bliss said...

what a great idea! Anything to hide all the stuff that comes with the kiddos! Thanks for sharing at Craft and Tell!

www.cherishedbliss.com

Hani@Craftionary said...

Hey Megan this is a good idea.. Love it!
I would like to feature you on my blog for sharing a craft's tutorial. If you are interested just shoot me an email at craftionary@gmail.com
I look forward to hearing from you
Love
Hani

www.craftionary.blogspot.com

Marissa said...

SO organized and clean :) LOVE IT!!! Now you needc to come and help us do the same at our house!!

Kala said...

Absolutely brilliant:) Loved that you could keep the furniture, use it for storage and keep it all hidden away:):)

Jen Hansen said...

What a wonderful idea! I wish I had a big enough entry to do this.

Shiloh said...

That is a fantastic idea. I don't think I would have thought to turn a shelf sideways, but hopefully now I will.:)

Becolorful said...

Very clever indeed. So glad you shared it on Motivated Monday at BeColorful. Your home is really looking great.
Pam