Sunday, May 15, 2011

Motivate Me Monday

So a few weeks ago I showed you my dinning room make over from last year. You can see it here. I just still was not loving my table so I went ahead and painted it white and antiqued it...


BUT! It is just too light with my walls so I have been trying to think of something to do with it.
I was talking about painting the door chalkboard the other day and Captain said "You just paint the table too so we can color all over it..." Hubby laughed but I thought it was a GREAT idea! So I did!

I painted the whole thing olive green and antiqued it. Then I painted the top with chalkboard paint. It has been a MAJOR hit. The kids and hubby love it. After Captains birthday party we had a house full of guest and everyone was huddled around the table coloring together!


Here is Ninja making me a picture! It has also helped out with school time. There is just something about writing our letters off the paper that seems to keep us interested!

High Five to Captain for a GREAT idea!

You will get to see some pictures of the surprise drawings on Wordless Wednesday...

Here is my Wordless Wednesday Picture...
(Hubby drew me a scary picture)
You can see the green color on the table and chairs better.







11 comments:

Vanessa @ Gourmet Runner said...

This is so cool! I'd love to do something like this. I've never heard of chalkboard paint before but I'm looking it up now!
:)

Chunky Monkey said...

I love it! Great idea

idesign said...

so fun!!! i would've loved to have this as a kid!! found you over at sumos sweet stuff, come by for a visit sometime :)

Jackie
http://jaclyndesigns.blogspot.com/

Daffy's Dream said...

I love your blog, enjoyed going through your other post. Im your new follower

Tanya @ Greetings From the Asylum said...

My kitchen table is getting that redo as soon as I can get my bum to the hardware store! This is AWESOME!

Judy said...

That's so cool. My kids would love that. Thanks for sharing at my Swing into Spring party.

Katie said...

What a great idea & best of all the kids can't get in trouble for writing on the table any more! I found your blog through Someday Crafts! I’d love if you stop by Sew Woodsy and link this project up!

Natasha said...

Awsome! love the picture your hubby did! Makes me kinda sad that I just went out and bought a table a couple months ago.

Nicolette @ Momnivore's Dilemma said...

Classic. I have a kiddo table that needs some chalkboard paint stat.

If you have a moment today, please share this table with my readers @Creative Juice Thursday. Hope to see yours among all the amazing projects!

Kindra-At Home With K said...

What a fun idea to add the chalkboard paint! My boys would love that! Thanks so much for linking up to Terrific Under Ten!

Our Crazy Bunch said...

I am SO late on this post but LOVE this idea. My table might be a bit much for this. However I will now be on the lookout for a smaller one to do it too. :) GREAT idea!