Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Another Summer Idea. "Hang Out Jar"

I forgot about this one when I posted about the idea jar and 10 minute clean up.

With the price of gas going up,
 I thought it would be a really good idea to get the kids excited about being at home!

The weekends that we dont have plans we will draw out of the "Hang Out Jar".

I have written out several projects, folded them up, and tossed them in a jar. On Wednesday's we will pull out one project so that I will have a chance to gather all the items we need before we do the project on Saturday!

This week we have plans to go out of town but last weekend we drew "Let's Bubble Paint!".

There are all kinds of ideas like:

Lets have a cookout. Kids plan the menu.
Lets go skating at the park.
Let's bake something together.
Let's have a water balloon fight. (On the kids summer want list)
Let's pack up a pinic!
Let's plant something!
Game Day! Kids pick the game!
Movie Day! Let's watch an oldie!
Let's have a food fight! (On the kids summer want list)

You get the idea...

 The kids are so excited about all the suprise projects that they
dont care about going anywhere at all!

Here are a few pictures from last weekend!
We ended up doing bubble paint and sidewalk paint.




13 comments:

Our Crazy Bunch said...

Bubble Paint? Do you buy this or make it?

Lauren @ My Wonderfully Made said...

What a fantastic idea you've come up with!! My kids are all grown now and away at college but this brings a smile to my face as I remember things we did like this when they were little. You are creating memories that will last a lifetime -- great job!

Vanessa @ Gourmet Runner said...

What a great idea--I love this!
:)

Laila said...

I think that is a GREAT idea! Thanks for sharing.

Kelly said...

I love this idea! Thanks for sharing, I am going to make a hang out jar too.

Melissa said...

What a great idea! Thanks for sharing over at Tuesday Tell All.

Melissa

MyCraftieLife.Blogspot.com

Jacqui said...

I accidently deleted your blog from my blog roll the other day when cleaing out some defunct blogs.. so glad I realized it and got you back again! :)

Love these past two post ideas! I am interested in bubble paint too. what is it and do you make it?

craftytexasgirls said...

Cool idea! Going to need one this summer for my girls.

:) crafty texas girls
craftytexasgirls.blogspot.com

Kristen said...

I'm definitely going to have to do this...I'm off to find a jar that will work!

Kristen
Turning a House into a Home

Kelly said...

VERY cool idea! LOVE!

Honeybee said...

Great idea to spend a quality time with kids. Following you, thanks for visiting Healthy Beautiful Blog the other day.

Rebecca @ My Girlish Whims said...

What a cute idea!! I hear you about them gas prices...grr....

Thanks for linking up to Your Whims Wednesday!

Ginger said...

Love this idea! I am going to tweet it! My son is still young but we have a lot of weekends where my husband and I just stare at each other and say "what do you want to do?" "I don't know, what do you want to do?". Now we could just go to the jar! It keeps the weekend fresh!