Friday, April 29, 2011

What I made for dinner. Tofu Fried Rice. Yum.

Well, I cant find my camera cord so I am going to just copy and paste the recipe from the website that I got if from!

I love Ellie and this is one of the many recipes that I have tried.

If you have never had tofu and you are cringing just at the though of it, TRY THIS. The rice and veggies help with texture and the soy gives it great flavor!



Ingredients



1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon canola oil, divided

2 large cloves garlic, minced

4 scallions, greens included, rinsed, trimmed and thinly sliced

1 tablespoon minced ginger

4 cups leftover cooked brown rice

3/4 cup finely diced red pepper

3/4 cup cooked, shelled edamame

1/2 cup fresh or frozen, thawed, corn

6 ounces firm tofu, cut into 1/4-inch cubes

2 eggs, beaten

3 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce

Directions

Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a wok or large skillet until very hot. Add the garlic, scallions and ginger and cook, stirring, until softened and aromatic, about 2 to 3 minutes. Add the rice, red pepper, edamame, corn and tofu and cook, stirring, until heated through, about 5 minutes. Make a 3-inch well in the center of the rice mixture. Add 1 teaspoon of canola oil, then add the eggs and cook until nearly fully scrambled. Stir the eggs into the rice mixture, then add soy sauce and incorporate thoroughly. Serve hot.

4 comments:

Vanessa @ Gourmet Runner said...

Yum, this looks delicious! I'll gladly eat tofu when someone else cooks it, but somehow I never end up making it myself. Maybe I'll tackle it using this recipe, thanks!
:)

Marissa said...

Mmmm I love edamame! This sounds sooo good, maybe on that site, there's a recipe for miso soup? I love that stuff and last time I tried to create it at home, it was a total failure :(

Thanks for sharing!!!

Miriam said...

I LOVE meals like this, perfect! Miriam@Meatless Meals For Meat Eaters

Meg@MegaCrafty said...

This look delicious!