Monday, April 11, 2011

A Weekend Project Before and Afters

I have a serious issue with getting an idea and not letting it go.
Friday morning I woke up and decided that I didn't like my coffee table...
I paid $2 for it over a year ago and it has about 246487121 coats of paint on it.

SO! I went on the hunt for a junky, old, ugly coffee table that I could play with!
After 3 garage sales and 4 thrift stores this beauty pulled up at a local thrift shop as I was about to leave. The man screamed out "Ma'am! Com'er and see if this'n is ulgy 'nuf for ya!"

...and it was :)


...I only wish that I had got a picture before I took off the gold felt that covered the doors on the other side! :)

I had no idea where I was going with it and did not see it soaking up 5 CANS of spray paint before I even got to the top! WOWZA!

So I decided to go 2 toned and painted the edges cream and added some antique stain.

I have come to love it! My photos are not great and they don't show the antiquing very well :(
Don't think I am going to put the doors back on. I like that you can see the books and it doesnt look like I am trying to hide a bunch of junk under there like I do under my TV! ;)



Loving my jars that I found while looking for a table!
I added random things in them until I decide what I want in them all the time.
Loving even more that I paid $1 for all of them! Yay!

14 comments:

abeachcottage said...

Lovely coffee table. Great transformation. Well done! Love the new color.

Alison said...

Neat! Love that feeling of vinidication when I come home with what I had crazily set out to find on a whim! Makes it feel all so right. :)

Nike said...

"Former super ugly table ... ha!" Awesome re-do!

Here On Crow Creek said...

Amazing! You did a great job and you are right it looks so much better!

Amy said...

Great job! Love the transformation a little paint can make!

Amy
www.notjustteach.blogspot.com

fabulous50shousewife said...

Great transformation on the coffee table! Looks really good!

Tabitha said...

Great job! It looks amazing.

Rosario said...

awesome!

Nicolette @ Momnivore's Dilemma said...

Nothing like DIYing on a weekend!

Thanks for linking up to Creative Juice Thursday...hope to see more of your work this upcoming week!

Kim @ It's a Crafty Life said...

I love the two tone, it's gorgeous!

Cheryl~ZanyMayd said...

Love how the table turned out, Fabulous Transformation & Those Jars for $1 ~ Amazing!

victoriantailor said...

Wow, this is amazing, so cool, Celeste, victoriantailor.com

Brayton Homestead Interiors said...

yes, an amazing tranformation , well done!

coming from White Wednesday...

Karen

Amy said...

What a great transformation! I love DIY weekends!! Found you on Yesterday on Tuesday :)