Monday, January 10, 2011

Kids Christmas Card and Valentine Idea


This is what we did for the kids Christmas cards but I think that it would be great for Valentine's Day with a sucker instead of a candy cane!

All I did was take a photo of each kid with them holding their hand out as if they were handing me something. I printed enough of each child to share with their teachers, friends, and family.

I used my handy dandy craft knife to cut a line above the hand and below the hand to stick the candy in.

Super duper simple and cute.
You can really go wild with this idea!
Great idea for birthday party invites too!

Here it is again after I put it in a photo card! 

Enjoy!

Oh I love you guys. I would love to take all the credit but this is a remake of a craft that my grandmother did with me when I was little. The credit is all hers! I have seen some valentines similar to this today where it looks like the kids are handing you the candy rather than just holding it and they are super duper cute as well!

14 comments:

Kelli @ RTSM said...

That is such a cute idea:)

Marissa said...

my gosh, you're SO creative...what a super cute idea! Especially for the grandparents, I think they'd LOVE that :)

Thanks for sharing!!

melt003 said...

Agreed! This is a cute and awesome idea!

Mommy on the go! said...

That's a great idea!

michelle said...

That is one of the cutest things I have ever seen! What a great idea!!

Thank you for your sweet comment on my blog today, I really appreciate it!! Your blog and your family are adorable!!!

Anonymous said...

Love this!!

kristy.lynn @ kristy.makes said...

that is TOTALLY adorable!

thanks for stopping by my blog today! :)

Twin Tables said...

I love it! What a clever idea. :)

Vivienne @ the V Spot said...

Very cute! I think this is a must for Valentine's Day! here from Rook No 17

Grandma Bonnie said...

So cute. Your photo is perfect. I must try this. Stopping by from the Creative Bloggers party and hop. Have a great week.

Maggie said...

This is so cute, Would luv for my readers to see this awesome idea, will you please join our weekly party at
http://www.passionatelyartistic.com/2011/11/thanksgiving-showcase-tutorial-with.html
have a great crafting weekend!
Maggie
http://passionatelyartistic.com

Jenn "Rook No. 17" said...

Absolutely awesome! I think I may like the candy cane version even more than the valentine one.

Your post will be one of the features on "A Little Birdie Told Me..." tomorrow.

Jenn

Anonymous said...

Cute! I saw a similar idea here :http://brassyapple.blogspot.com/2010/02/valentine-quickie.html thanks for sharing :)

Becolorful said...

You clever girl. What a fun and original idea. So glad you shared it on BeColorful's Motivated Monday.
Pam