Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Simple Craft


I love finding super simple crafts that the whole family can do. Since we still have some younger ones it is hard to find new ideas. So here is an old idea, updated. ;)

My hands were busy helping the little ones doing this so I am going to use pictures of my sample that I framed for my desk.

All you need is
* A Stencil
*Glue
*Glitter
*Paper
*Scissors
*A Frame, if you want to frame it!

Lay your stencil on top of your paper where you want your image to be. Rub your glue stick over the stencil just like you would do with paint or a marker.

Leave the stencil on the paper and sprinkle your glitter generously over the glue.


Dump Extra glitter back into your bottle for next time!

Pull off stencil and let the glue dry.

Here is my final image. 


Super simple and cheep!
The kids can make these for a great gift as well!

I remember doing this is school with heart stencils and hot pink glitter... Never thought that I would be framing them for my house!

Captain and Ninja are going to make some more of these for their rock star room using black glitter and music note stencils.

5 comments:

Mommy's Sippy Cup said...

OMG! I can't wait to make that! I absolutely LOVE it. And I think it should go on my desk, too. Yeah, I'm totally copying this idea :)

I'm having a massive stella & dot online trunk sale on my blog. Up to 75% off. Check it out. Happy holidays!!

Marissa said...

LOVE it! My mom would love this as a gift...maybe Mother's Day??! Thanks for the idea!!

Melissa G. said...

Cute! I think we'll be trying this as well!

Bonnie @ House of Grace said...

Looks great! Happy New Year Megan!!! :)
Bonnie

Lori said...

Super cute blog! Love your craft idea too! Thanks for linking up to Thrilling Thursday @ Paisley Passions. Hope you stop by again soon :)