Sunday, December 19, 2010

Mommy Minded Tip

After my last tip, I got a few comments about what I keep in my "just in case box".
So! Because I love my readers, I went to our cars, got them out, took pictures, and now I will break it all down too! ;)


The box on the left is for my car.
since the whole family uses my car most of the time, I put anything that we might need while away from home.

*First Aid Kit
*Stomach Meds
*Bags (snack, sandwich, trash bags, and brown bags)
*Floss, toothpaste, a new toothbrush
*Laundry Detergent (A sample of Tide from the mail)
*Travel size bar of soap
*Clean wash cloth in a Ziploc
*Snacks
(The snacks are not in this actual box, they are in the cooler in our dash (It's a Dodge thing) but I keep things that will last about a week and then I change them out. We use things like crackers, fruit snacks, and mini water bottles.)

I also keep a $20 bill in the car because of the numerous times that I have left my wallet at home on accident. Can I get an "Amen"?

Also outside of the box in locations in the car
*Box of baby wipes
*Hand sanitizer
*Kleenex


The box on the left is for Hubby's car.
Hubby works about 45 minutes from the house and only uses his car for work so his box is pretty simple.

*Basic meds
*Deodorant
*Body Spray
*Kleenex
*Sanitizer
*Wipes
*Chap Stick
*First Aid Kit

Pretty much anything that he might have to purchase when away from the house during the day.

How we have used them before:

It may seem like over kill but there is a reason and a story to go along for everything that we carry in our "box".

When the kids were little we carried diapers and an extra set of clothes for each of them just in case we ever used all of what was in our diaper bag.

My closest family is 2 1/2 hours away so every time that we go see them we have to plan a full day trip. This is where the blankets, movies, and snacks come in.

We LOVE to take random drives to places.
One day we drove to a park where the kids got so muddy and gross.
We used a trash bag to put shoes on, blankets on the seats, and the bar soap and washcloth to clean them up (as much as we could) before they got back in the car.

The oral care is for me, pretty much...
I have an awful stomach and I tend to... have trouble keeping things down... you get the idea.
 I am not about to have funky mouth until I can get home to brush my teeth. ;)

We have used the laundry detergent while staying at hotels so I always keep a pack in the car since that is not always something that you think about packing for a trip.

Frugal Idea:

Most of my readers sign up for free samples. They are the perfect size for you box. I forgot to tell you that have a sample of shampoo, conditioner, and lotion from the mail in there too. They are flat so they don't take up any room and free is always good! Now, these I have not had to use before but I like knowing that they are there just in case.

Anywho! You get the idea. I hope that I answered everything. You know the deal, have questions or ides, leave a comment and I will post about it or email you back!

3 comments:

Jenn said...

Love it. I am making a set of boxes for my van Right. Now. :)

*Crystal* said...

I love this idea... I'm thinking of item we might need in our box... :)I'm thinking diapers wipes, excedrine, deoderant, tampons, first aid kit... oooo and in the summer bathing suits, sun tan lotion, sunscreen, flip flops, floatie, and towels I may throw all that in a beach bag and keep it in my car... we are known for spontaneous trips to the lake :) thanks for sharing!

Anonymous said...

I love this idea! Thank you so much for sharing and keep up the great post! I love your blog!

Anne