Sunday, November 14, 2010

A family favorite recipe.

I know that this post is from last year but I am linking it this year
because it is a GREAT recipe to make way ahead of time and you can
 pop it in th oven in the mornings that you dont have time to cook!

I will be making this on Wednesday so that on Thanksgiving
 morning we can have it before heading out of state!

This is our french toast bake that the whole family has always loved.

8 slices heavy bread, cubed ( I use one loaf of french bread)
6 eggs, slightly beaten
1 c. milk
1/2 c. maple syrup
1/2 tsp. cinnamon

We always add some kind of fruit like sliced peaches,
 apples, blueberries or in this photo we used raspberries.

Place bread cubes in a 9 x 13 inch baking dish and top with fruit if using.
Mix eggs, milk, syrup together in large bowl. Pour over cube mixture.

 Cover with plastic wrap and let
stand in refrigerator overnight.

Bake 45 minutes to 1 hour at 350 degrees. Serves 6 to 8.
Photobucket

 

10 comments:

Julianne said...

This looks amazing! I'm your newest follower i'd love if you followed back! I'm also having a giveaway i'd love if you checked it out!

http://sewfantastic.blogspot.com/2011/11/obol-review-and-giveaway.html

Julianne
www.sewfantastic.blogspot.com

Moore or Less Cooking said...

Love this idea! Over from Craft envy!

Nettie

Moore or Less Cooking said...

I am your newest follower!!

Krista said...

Yummy! I am trying a french toast casserole for the first time this week. I hope mine is as successful as yours! Thanks for sharing at Church Supper. Have a blessed week and Happy Thanksgiving!

Everyday Mom's Meals

KelliB said...

This sounds so yummy! I'd love it if you shared it at my linky party tomorrow, Totally Inspired Tuesdays!

www.theinspiredcollection.blogspot.com
Thanks,

Kelli

Shiloh said...

YUM!! What a fantastic way to get breakfast ready.:)

Fotf said...

Sounds interesting :)

creativejewishmom/sara said...

Sounds great, and such a good idea to have in the fridge for the next morning, yum! thanks for sharing on Craft schooling Sunday and hope you had a lovely holiday.

Hannah said...

Great idea. Im always looking for new breakfast ideas.

Jenn "Rook No. 17" said...

Megan, your family recipe for this wonderful French Toast sounds incredible and I love the way you change it up with seasonal fruit!

Thank you for being a part of making last week’s “A Little Birdie Told Me…” at Rook No. 17 so rich in creativity and inspiration! Today’s party is in full swing, so please feel welcome to drop by and share your talent.

Yours,
Jenn

P.S. I'm featuring your post on my Facebook page today.