Thursday, October 14, 2010

Kids Pick Fall Snack Idea!

With Summer gone, the kids are tired of fruit salad in their lunch everyday!
We had our "weekly family menu planning meeting" and they requested chex mix.
Here is a new recipe that we tried out and the kids LOVE.
Please note that this is not a super healthy recipe.
This is a "spacial snack" for the kiddos!

Picture from Chex.com
1/4 cup brown sugar
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
1/4 cup butter or margarine
4 cups Wheat Chex® cereal
1/2 cup dried cranberries
2 cups freeze dried apples, chopped




In large microwavable bowl, microwave butter, sugar, and spices uncovered on High about 40 seconds or until bubbly!

Pur mixture over the cereal until evenly coated.

Microwave 2 minutes, stirring after 1 minute.

Mix in the apples and cranberries.

Spread over wax paper to cool.

Store in snack bags for quick snacks!
Photobucket

7 comments:

Deana said...

I love making all kinds of chex treats. I'll have to try this one too!

Following from MBC. Very cute blog BTW! Would love it if you could check out mine:)

www.deanabarnhart.blogspot.com
www.momstheglue.blogspot.com

Lindsay said...

I love Chex : ) Thanks for this! I will have to try to make it with my son...

ladywiththeredrocker said...

Wow! This looks sooo good! Must make this soon! Love the sound of a sweet chex mix! Thanks for sharing!
Stephanie @ Ladywiththeredrocker.wordpress.com

Alison @ mommadidit.blogspot.com said...

Oh man! I am a sucker for Chex Mix! This sounds so good! Can't wait to give it a try. Thanks!

Jenny said...

Oh, I LOVE a good Chex mix! Would you link this up at Creative Me Monday? It's open all week and I'd love to have you.

http://www.thesoutherninstitute.com/2011/10/creative-me-monday_09.html

Jenny

Becolorful said...

Just wanted to stop by and let you know I featured you tonight on Motivated Monday
Pam

Shenita @ Embellishments by SLR said...

Hi Megan! I just saw your feature on Be Colorful. What a great twist on Chex Mix! Sounds delicious...I have to add this one to my "must try" recipes. I am now your newest follower; and I hope you will follow me, too! Many blessings to you!