Sunday, November 7, 2010

How to make a diaper cake.


Here is a diaper cake that I made. It is super simple
 but you can add all kinds of lotion, soap, and so on!

I spent $15. :)

You will need:

50-80 cloth or disposable diapers
(number of diapers depends on how many tiers you want)

 A bag of rubber bands (various sizes)

 16” Disposable cardboard platter. (found in party stores)

At least 8 feet of 1’ wide ribbon ( need more if cake is more than 3 tiers)

Clear adhesive tape

Decorating items ( pacifiers, bibs, toys , socks, etc.)

Decorative cake topper (stuffed animal or bottle filled with candy)


How To:

Roll diapers with tabs tucked in

Wrap rubber bands around each diaper roll.

Use rubber bands to create a bundle with the diapers
(may need inner & outer bundle for larger tiers)

Use ribbon or receiving blanket around the cake to cover rubber bands

Use the clear adhesive tape to attach the tiers to the platter

I took this how to from here.
They just did a better and much more simple job at explaining it! :)
Photobucket

8 comments:

Kimberly said...

My very first baby gift this go-round was a diaper cake. I just loved it!...and I used it!

Kimberly said...

I received a diaper cake as my very first gift with this last baby. I loved it!...and, I used it!

Nichol said...

Super cute....I love diaper cakes!

Jana said...

I love the cute little monkey on top!

Zuni said...

I'm going to a baby shower in a couple of weeks, so this is a perfect gift idea. I will add safe, non-toxic baby products to help the parents give the baby a healthy start! Thanks!

Becolorful said...

I have seen these but never knew how they were made. Thanks so much for sharing this on Motivated Monday at BeColorful.
Pam

Jenny @ Simcoe Street said...

This is so cute! It turned out really well. Love it!

Jenny
www.simcoestreet.blogspot.com

PS. I'm excited to host my first ever real giveaway -- if you'd like, come by and check it out!

MessyMissy said...

I've always wondered how to do this!! Thanks for the tutorial!