Friday, September 24, 2010

Study Buddy Idea

Do your kids have sight words or spelling test each week?

Captain has sight words that he has to work on everyday and we get new ones each week.
We have always used flash cards but they always get torn up or lost...

I was tired of trying to figure out what ones were missing so in an attempt to fix that problem, I came up with this super cheap fix!
(Covering up real name. He wanted it to say Captain's lol)

These are badge sleeves from Walmart. I paid $1.88 for 10 (will hold 20 cards when you put them back to back. The pull string is from Sissy's lip gloss but they have these for $1.88 for a pack of 4 at our Walmart.


I got a package of  $0.44 index cards, folded them in half and wrote a sight word on both sides. I put one double sided card in each sleeve and attached them to the pull string. This has been the best idea this school year. If you child has spelling words, they can write the words on the index cards and then take them anywhere to study.

Captain has to keep his attached to his backpack when we are not studying so that we always know where they are.

These are super cost effective since you just pull out the old card and replace it with the next weeks words. So you should only have to spend money on the badge selves once and the pull strings once if you don't already have them around the house!

For preschoolers this would be good for shapes, colors, letters, numbers, and so on!

Photobucket

7 comments:

Jenn said...

love.Love.LOVE this idea! :)

Lynda said...

I HAVE try that! Great idea, and thank you for sharing it. :)

Green Door Girl said...

I read this on my phone and can't figure out how to post a comment via google reader app, so I am coming back online to post - What a cool idea! I am definitely going to copy (and credit of course)!

Tammie said...

What an incredible idea! So going to do this! Thanks for sharing this on Someday Crafts link-up party!

Jamie said...

wonderful idea. I would love for you to stop by http://diyhshp.blogspot.com/ on Monday to link up your study buddy idea and any other projects you would like to share.

Mandi said...

I would love it if you would link up some of your great ideas on my new Monstrously Creative link party! I'm featuring some great ideas this week, and yours could be next! Come join the party!
Mandi at BBM

Barb @ A Life in Balance said...

Great idea! I bet the cards last longer since they're in the sleeves.