Monday, September 12, 2011

Handprint Spiders Craft

This is last years post. This is a fall craft that we do every year so I am just sharing again this year! :)

(NOTE: paint was not dry when I took this picture. All your paint should turn the same color after drying)


I got several comments and emails from my easy lunch post about Captains lunch sack for his pumpkin patch field trip so I will tell you how it's done!

I used a gift bag from Christmas last year but you could use a gift bag, a brown paper lunch sack... whatever!

You will need finger paint, glue, glitter, and eyes.

We made our Halloween cards the same day to save on messes. I will use the cards for a demo since they are the only thing I took pictures of! :)
It;s super duper simple.



Get you paper, choose where you want your spider,
apply paint to 1/2 of the palm and all 4 fingers (no thumb unless you want a 10 legged spider.)
Press hand onto paper.

Do the same to the other hand and line your palm up to the print already made to make the spiders body. Press the fingers down for the legs and you are done.

Apply eyes or you can just draw them on!

I drew spider webs with glue and sprinkled glitter on top.

The kids each made one for their teachers with a little message.
Ninja made one for our librarian since I am his teacher. lol
 We also made cards for each set of grandparents with all the kids spiders on them.


That's it! I told you it was crazy simple!

Have fun and if you make them, you know I want to see pictures!
Photobucket

17 comments:

Life with the Lebedas said...

Those are cute!!

Marissa said...

soooo cute, we'll be making those next week :)

The K Family said...

SUPER cute! Can't wait to do these with the kids! Thanks for posting.

Marissa said...

still just as cute as it was when posted last year...how funny, I can see my 2010 comment!

Courtney said...

This is very cute! I'll definitely have to do this with my kids. Thanks for sharing!

shopannies said...

how cute what a great idea so very fun think I know how we are creating treat bags this year come see me at http://shopannies.blogspot.com

Angee @ Sunshine in my life said...

Love, love, love this!!! We love to do hand art. I'm pinning you ;)

Joni Nickrent said...

Very cool...what a super cute idea! POP ART MINIS

A Lived in Home said...

Great way to spruce up a bag! Very creative! Come check me out-www.alivedinhome.blogspot.com

Lorie said...

So cute! I'm going to try this soon!

Karena said...

Love this idea! I would love for you to share it on my link party this Friday at cookienut.blogspot.com

Mom to 2 Posh Lil Divas said...

these spiders are so cute! I love handprint art & these are perfect for halloween!

would love to invite you to link this up to the Sunday Showcase - http://momto2poshlildivas.blogspot.com/search/label/Sunday%20Showcase

Bern

Jenn Erickson said...

Googly eyes...glitter...what's not to love?

Thank you so much for linking up to "A Little Birdie Told Me..."!

Jenn

Happy in red said...

SO cute!! Even though I am defenately not ready for fall yet ;-)
Esther.

WhyCuzICan said...

Crazy simple AND crazy cute project! Thanks for sharing (and your kiddo is pretty dang handsome too)

Visiting from EVERYTHING HALLOWEEN linky party at Midwestern Sewing Girl,
~Suzanne in NW Illinois

Laura said...

Thank you so much for linking up these cute spiders to my Halloween Ideas party!

I'm featuring them this morning in my latest Five Fun Ideas post.

http://www.cometogetherkids.com/2011/10/five-fun-ideas-for-halloween-handprint.html

Laura @ Come Together Kids

Amanda said...

Just stopping by to let you know that I have featured your project on Fun Family Crafts! You can see it here
http://funfamilycrafts.com/handprint-spiders/

If you have other kid friendly crafts, I'd love it if you would submit them :) If you would like to display a featured button on your site, you can grab one from the right side bar of your post above.