Sunday, September 4, 2011

Easy Halloween Lunches!

Sometimes making lunches fun can be very time consuming and a little pricey! Here are a few things that are quick and cheap that you can do for your families packed lunches!

Purchased bag of creepy crawlers at dollar tree $1.
I put mine in the dishwasher first. I hid a spider in Captain's fruit salad and a long centipede in Sissy's napkin! These are always fun to hid anywhere or make great cupcake toppers!

Purchased a sticker book at Michael's $1.
I add these anywhere. My kids use food containers so I put a sticker on the lids. They will usually come of easy, if they don't, soak them in soapy water over night! You can add these to sandwich bags, snack packages and so on! I also get plain or colored paper, cut it down to the height of their juice boxes, wrap the paper around the juice box, tap it, and decorate it! For this photo I just added a sticker so that you could get an idea but you can go crazy with this idea!

Purchase Festive Sprinkles at Target $1.
I add these to yogurt. You can use them on anything!

Purchase Festive Sandwich Bags at Dollar Tree $1.
They are cheap and no work is needed. I use these when the kids have to bring brown bag lunches for field trips.

Also in this photo is Captain's lunch bag for next months trip to the pumpkin patch. Anytime our kids go on trips with the school they have to "brown bag" it. This is to help with keeping up with lunch kids. A fun craft is to let the kids decorate their own! I used a Christmas bag from last year. Captain dipped his hands in finger paint to make his spider and I added glue to make webs and EEKK! and poured on some glitter! Easy Peasy and he will have a super cute cool lunch bag for his field trip!

Photobucket


10 comments:

Mamie said...

How fun looking! My oldest is in K this year. I will have to do this for him.

Ashley said...

fun!! thanks for sharing:)
http://jaysonandashley.blogspot.com/

Marissa said...

so fun! I'm off to dollar tree today! I love Halloween/fall time and all of the decor! I'm ready to get my Halloween stuff out too!!!

All That Glitters said...

This is too cute!!! You are my kinda girl!

Becolorful said...

What a fun mom you are. These are great ideas to make those lunches a bit more exciting and another subtle way to say I love you. :0
Thanks for sharing on Motivated Monday at BeColorful
Pam

Little Wonders' Days said...

Very cute! I love the idea of hiding creepy crawlies in their lunch box.

Tracy-CraftJunkieToo said...

Hi there -- your project was one of our top viewed links at last week's linky party -- WOOO HOO!! Stop by and grab the Top 3 button for your blog and share some more goodies with us. Congrats!
Tracy
http://www.craftjunkietoo.com/2011/09/tgif-linky-party-25.html

April said...

My kids would love this. Such a cute and simple idea! I am going to do this thanks for sharing. Can't wait to see the surprised faces I get!

April
http://www.mamacanipe.com

Maggie @ Midwestern {Sewing} Girl said...

Hi Megan! Just wanted to let you know that I'm featuring your awesome Halloween lunch on my blog today! Thank you so much for linking up!

http://midwesternsewinggirl.blogspot.com/2011/10/even-more-features-and-last-day-to-link.html

Garage Sales R Us said...

Love the mustache family pictures!!! So cute!!!! http://www.garagesalesrus.blogspot.com/